Here at VCAS we are well aware of the fantastic work that community groups, voluntary organisations and charities carry out in Sunderland. Now we want to see that work in action. We would love to see your images on the theme of ‘Voluntary and Community Action’ - anything from events you gave held in the community, to picture of your volunteers in action or from trips and outings you’ve organised.
We’re running the competition right over the summer months to give you plenty of time to take and submit photographs and we want to be able to use your images to populate out new volunteer website for the city and out offices to show off the fantastic work carried out by the sector.
Submissions will be judged by a panel of VCAS Board Members, volunteers and staff. Please submit your images to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description and including your contact details. Please ensure you have read the full terms and conditions before submitting your images.
Terms and Conditions
- By entering this competition you are accepting the rules on this pages and agree to be bound by them.
- We want to use photographs to show the value of the sector, and of the work that VCAS does to support it, so by submitting your photograph you are consenting to allow VCAS to use, distribute and publicise your photo. However, copyright of any submitted image remains with the photographer. If you do not wish to grant these rights please do not enter.
- Groups and organisation can submit up to three photographs each.
- Photographs should be high quality, at least 1MB in resolution. Our email account accepts images up to 10MB.
- The closing date for entries is Friday the 1st of September.
- Photos should be your own work and should not have previously been published in other photo competitions. Photos that have been published on Flickr or used on the website or materials of your charity are fine.
To enter this competition, you must get permission from:
Your organisation: Please make sure to let your organisation know, and seek their permission, before entering into the competition.
People in the photo: If there are people in your photographs please make sure you have asked their permission, and if they are under 18, their guardian’s permission to submit their photographs