Great News - government has approved Sunderland’s funding application for £3.05m of European Funding from its Community Led Local Development pot (CLLD). With a further £2.75m required as match funding this brings the total value of the programme to £5.8m, for activity to be delivered up until September 2022.
The programme is specifically targeted at areas and individuals facing the most severe disadvantage, particularly communities that rank in the top 10-20% most deprived in the East, North, West and Washington areas of the city and support the delivery of the strategy’s 3 key objectives which are to:
- Enhance employment and skills provision
- Boost enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Improve community capacity, partnership working and social innovation.
The first call for projects for organisations interested in applying to this fund will go live on Wednesday 1st November, 2017 and we would be delighted if you could come along to a launch event to celebrate this major funding opportunity for the city.
The event will be held on Wednesday 1st November, 2017 at The Bistro, Sunderland College, City Campus, Park lane, Sunderland SR1 3NX from 2.30 – 4.00 pm, High Tea to be served from 3.15 p.m. Places are limited to 70 people, so if you are able to join us to celebrate this fantastic achievement could you please register your attendance by Monday 30th October, 2017 through the Eventbrite link:
Following the launch event workshops will be held within those target communities to help to bring partners together to identify and develop applications. Arrangements are as follows:-
- North - Thursday 2nd November, 2017 between 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm at Marley Park Fire Station, Old Mill Road, Southwick, Sunderland. SR5 5BS.
- West - Tuesday 7th November, 2017 between 10.00am – 1.00pm at Farringdon Youth and Community Centre. Allendale Road, Sunderland. SR3 3EL.
- East - Thursday 9th November, 2017 between 1.00 pm– 4.00 pm in Bede Tower, Burdon Road, Sunderland. SR2 7EA.
- Washington - Friday 10th November, 2017 between 10.00 am – 1.00 pm at Washington, Millennium Centre The Oval, Concord, Tyne and Wear NE37 2QD.
If you are interested in developing ideas for applications for CLLD funding it would be great if you could attend one of the above workshops. Again, please register your attendance by Monday 30th October, 2017 through the Eventbrite links for each provided above.