HealthNet is a network and collective voice of the voluntary and community sector in representing the people of Sunderland to debate, influence and shape local health, wellbeing and services in order to achieve better outcomes.
The next HealthNet Meeting will be 9th March 2017, 10am - 12 noon,at The Quaker House, 30 Roker Park Rd, Sunderland SR6 9PG. Presentation by Anna Gillingham, Health Watch Sunderland, priorities for 2017
The aim of HealthNet is to:
Provide an arena for discussion on issues relating to Health and Social Care
- To share information
- To provide Health Focused Networking opportunities that are open to all
- To provide a Network that offers support and guidance to each other, including new groups
- To raise awareness of inequalities in Health and Social Care.
- To provide a two-way flow of information relating to Health and Social Care issues in the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- To offer accessible opportunities to take part in discussions relating to Health and Social Care
- To promote and participate in public sector consultations
Membership of the Forum: Membership is open to any voluntary community organisation or any resident of Sunderland with a Health and Social care remit or interest and is free of charge.
Statutory officers and workers will always be welcome to attend by invitation only and to contribute and help develop the forum; however, they do not have voting rights.
Networking: HealthNet is a great opportunity to network and meet other groups or individuals who are passionate about Health services and support groups.
HealthNet also distributes information to its members via e-distribution and e-newsletter also information from strategic/consultation documents to raising awareness of events. Members wishing to contribute can include item within these publication for inclusivity.
HealthNet is hosted by Voluntary and Community Action Sunderland and supported by Healthwatch Sunderland.
If you would like to join us or would like a discussion, please contact Trish Cornish on 0191 5651566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org