We are a membership organisation providing leadership, support and development to local groups working to benefit local communities in Sunderland. Our Members are important to us. We can only fulfil our mission by listening and responding to the needs of our members.
Why not join our movement? We have over 350 members that are currently part of our movement you too could also be a part and taking advantage of the any great benefits. Also coming together as a collective voice on matters that matter most to you and your organisation. Ask about joining today.
Do come and Join us, help support the voluntary sector movement in Sunderland, Membership Is completely FREE.
As a member you will enjoy the following benefits:
- be entitled to stand for election to serve on the Board of Trustees
- be entitled to nominate and vote for candidates for election to the Board of Trustees
- be entitled to receive notice of and vote at our AGM and EGMs
- Access to various support and advice from our staff team
- Information on fundraising and funding support
- Weekly e-bulletins and What’s On Guides
- Strategic representation
- Commissioning & Procurement support
- Discounted rates on our chargeable services
- Tailor made volunteering packages
- The Volunteer Pathway scheme – trains people to be volunteers
- Training & Consultancy
- Discounted advertising rates for events and vacancies
- Free funding search relating to your area of work (worth £25)
Membership of VCAS is completely free. All you need to be is a Voluntary or Community group or organisation operating and based in the city of Sunderland.